Turkey legal procedures to purchase a property
Many people wishing to own a property in Turkey or buy a property in Istanbul or any other city wonder about the Turkish real estate legal procedures for owning or buying the property, and what should they follow through on legislation in order to ensure that they buy a property in Turkey in a legal way?
Before answering this question, you as foreigners must know that the Turkish legal procedures for owning or buying a property are more simple than some people imagine, as Turkey is distinguished by the ease of buying a property in it compared to many developed countries or global capitals that are not matched by beauty, modernity, elegance, infrastructure and major installations. .
- A foreigner, i.e. who does not have a Turkish nationality, can buy and own property in Turkey in a simple way, without registering the property in his name without any restrictions or conditions other than those that affect strong security, such as ownership near military and security places, which is prohibited.
- Among the Turkish legal procedures for owning or buying properties , the foreigner obtains the title deed “Tapu”, which is a document written in the Turkish language given to the new owner of the property by the Real Estate Registry Directorate in order to confirm the complete ownership of the property in Turkey without any confusion in the property legal procedures.
- The owner of the property can transfer ownership of the property to another person after the procedures to verify the ownership of the property in full and complete manner.
Turkish legal procedures for owning or buying property in terms of form:
- Those who want to buy property in Turkey must open a bank account in one of the Turkish banks, which is provided by Alhuda Real Estate company in Turkey, where we help the client or investor in opening a bank account step by step, whether in terms of procedures or translation.
- Signing the “sale contract” document by both parties to the transaction, i.e. the owner of the property and the buyer with the presence of the notary public, as this signed document is an official and legal document that includes all the necessary personal data on each of the seller, the construction company and the buyer, i.e. the customer who is accompanied by Alhuda Real Estate company in all Turkish legal procedures for owning or buying a property.
The contract of sale document also contains data and details related to the property itself, such as its location, price, method, terms of payment and other information.
- The application for buying the property in Turkey will then be completed and transferred to the Real Estate Registry Directorate office in order to initiate the necessary legal procedures to obtain the approval of the military authorities that confirm that the property is fit for ownership and generally this process takes between one and a month and a half at the latest.
Alhuda Real Estate company informs its valued customers that it provides the customer with all these legal steps as it guarantees in their place all Turkish legal procedures for owning or buying the property in exchange for the buyer to pay only the necessary expenses.
- After completing all the legal procedures for purchasing the property, the seller transfers the property to the new buyer in an office of the General Directorate for Land Registry and Real Estate Survey.
- The process of buying a property in Turkey requires great care from the buyer during all procedures, which necessitates the need to seek the assistance of an independent English-speaking lawyer, which is provided by Alhuda to those wishing to understand all the legal procedures of ownership.
These were the most important Turkish legal procedures for owning or buying property in Turkey.
Moreover, Alhuda Real Estate company in Turkey offers its valued customers another package of legal services to help them while purchasing the property to control all aspects of the process in order to ensure a correct ownership contract and safe stability in Turkey.
And for those wishing to benefit from legal services, they find:
General legal advice: elite real estate lawyers answer all inquiries regarding legal procedures for property ownership in Turkey with directing investors to the most effective legal ways to buy a property while ensuring that ownership problems are solved in the event of collision with any difficulties, obstacles or disputes.
- Providing legal advice regarding construction companies and various Turkish economic companies.
- Submit reports on the legal status of the property the investor wishes to purchase, that is, obtain data regarding the legal status of the property directly from the Land Registry Department.
- Writing and organizing the property and construction contract.
- Legal follow-up to property disputes.
- Helping to establish a company in Turkey.
- Providing consultations in the field of opening branches in Turkey for foreign companies operating abroad.
- Follow up on all matters related to taxes and insurance
- Legacy and wills.
- Tapu: or what is known as the title deed, which is the official legal guide to the ownership of the property, written in the Turkish language and requested by the Real Estate Registry Directorate office after fulfilling all conditions, especially those related to military approval, after real estate data studies by the military leadership within a month to a month and a half and after the end of these natural procedures, the investor must submit a copy of his passport to Alhuda Real Estate team accompanied by his parents ’names and 4 personal photos the size of the passport image.
Then, Alhuda crew shall undertake the procedures for insurance on earthquakes and natural disasters, and this will be the process of transferring the full ownership of the property to the name of the new investor as an owner of a property in Turkey.