18 advantages you’ll get if you hold the Turkish passport
After the Turkish government issued on September 19 of 2018 a legislative text allowing foreigners to obtain Turkish citizenship by owning a property with a minimum of only 250,000 USD instead of the one million dollars previously imposed to obtain the Turkish passport, the demand for real estate investment in Turkey by foreigners has increased significantly.
The procedures for obtaining Turkish citizenship by owning a property at the beginning required from 4 months to 6 months, according to the circumstances of people coming to buy a property in Istanbul or Turkey in general, but after the great demand that Turkey witnessed in only two years after the announcement of the amendment, the Turkish government reduced it to about one and a half months in which all procedures for obtaining a Turkish passport can be completed
Conditions for obtaining a Turkish passport by buying a property
- The price of the property in Turkey that the foreigner would like to buy should be more than $ 250,000, even for a small amount, to avoid any problems during the procedures for obtaining Turkish citizenship.
- The amount is transferred from the account of the buyer to the account of the property owner and is often a real estate company through a Turkish bank with the receipt for the transaction.
- The investor must pledge not to sell the property which is bought to submit a request to obtain Turkish citizenship until after 3 years from the date of its purchase, where he will sign the pledge with the Real Estate Registry Directorate.
Turkish passport advantages
Getting Turkish citizenship and holding a Turkish passport means many advantages, including:
- Obtaining the Turkish passport, which ranks among the strongest passports in the world, as it ranks 39th in the list of countries with the best passports, for the advantages it provides for the holder, the most important of which is the ability to enter 72 countries in the world without a visa, most notably Russia, Ukraine, Malaysia, Thailand, Brazil, Venezuela Japan, South Korea, Qatar, and Morocco.
- The holder of a Turkish passport can obtain an entry visa to 42 countries upon arrival at the airport or one of the border points such as Kuwait, Bahrain, and the UAE.
- The ability to get the visa of 7 countries electronically, that is, through the Internet without the hassle of moving and submitting the file through the embassy of the country you want to travel to, such as Australia and the Sultanate of Oman.
- Enjoying the rights of citizenship, candidacy, and voting in the various elections
- Granting Turkish citizenship to the wife and children under the age of eighteen, while children over the age of 18 are subject to the same conditions as those who wish to obtain Turkish citizenship, which among them, as mentioned above, is to buy a property in Turkey with 250,000 USD.
- Those with Turkish citizenship can invite their relatives to visit Turkey and guarantee that they can obtain an entry visa to Turkey easily.
- A person who has Turkish citizenship by purchasing a property in Turkey can retain his original nationality. The Turkish state also gives him a turquoise card that allows him to enter and leave Turkey freely if he obtains the nationality of another foreign country, forcing him to give up Turkish citizenship.
- Turkish citizenship gives its holder the possibility of free treatment at state expense in all government hospitals, in addition to low-cost medication in private hospitals and clinics, not to mention the discounts that the Turkish citizen has for some medical prescriptions.
- Regarding the military service, which Alhuda Real Estate company’s consultants receive many questions about, it is worth noting that the Turkish law is clear in this respect for foreigners who have obtained Turkish citizenship and stipulates that:
- Persons who have obtained Turkish citizenship at the age of 22 and above are automatically exempted from military service, in addition to those who have previously performed their military service in their country of origin or have obtained a certificate proving their exemption.
- The possibility of postponing the performance of military service for two years, starting from the date of obtaining citizenship, allows the newly naturalized to settle and organize his affairs, and after the end of the postponement, he is treated like the Turks, where he is summoned directly.
- The possibility of Turkey joining the European Union, one of the largest markets in the modern economic world, in addition to the existence of the customs union agreement.
- Among the most important economic advantages of Turkish citizenship is the availability of job opportunities in government sectors and the ability to invest in all fields and all economic sectors, given that Turkey is a leading country in the sectors of tourism, services, manufacturing, and trade.
- The owner of the Turkish passport, who established a company in Turkey, benefits from the ability to employ whomever he wants in his institution, unlike the foreigner who is obligated to employ a certain number of Turks according to the legislation.
- A Turkish citizenship holder can own all kinds of real estate without any complications in the purchase procedures that the non-Turkish is subject to.
- Turkish citizenship also allows a foreigner to practice several professions that were previously prohibited to him, such as medicine, pharmacy, law, customs, and maritime jobs, etc. for example in medical professions, a holder of Turkish citizenship can work after graduating in various Turkish hospitals and clinics and can open his investment and has his clinic.
- Benefiting from the retirement system upon reaching the age of 60 or more, or after ending 25 years of service.
- Enjoying public transportation services of all kinds, whether by land, sea, or railway lines for free, upon reaching the age of 65 and over.